What does this semen analysis report indicate?
Following are the two tests I have taken in the last month
Test # 1 - 3rd Nov 2017
Color: Grey White
Volume: 1.5 ml
Liquification time: 35 minutes
Total count: 28 million/ml
WBC (PUS Cells) 1-2/HPF
Rapidly Motile: 50%
Sluggishly Motile: 30%
Non Motile: 20%
Test # 2 - 21 Nov 2017
Color: Grey White
Volume: 1.0 ml
Liquification time: 45 minutes
Total count: 32 million/ml
WBC (PUS Cells) 0-1/HPF
Rapidly Motile: 55%
Sluggishly Motile: 25%
Non Motile: 20%
Please advise if everything is okay or do i need to worry about something? Am i perfect enough to become a father or are there areas of improvement?
Normal Semen Analysis
I understand your concerns.
Your semen analysis report is excellent.
You don't need any treatment or medicines.
You can easily father a child with this report.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
Thank you for the response.
Though I am very happy to hear that you have termed my report as "excellent". It still worries me that why as per the lab "normal range" i am either too low or on the borderline.
For example, according to the lab:
1. The volume of semen should be more than or equal to 2ml. Whereas in both tests my volume was 1/ 1.5 ml
2. The consistency should be either viscid or opalescent. Mine is liquid.
3. pH should be 7.2-8. Whereas i am at borderline at 8.0
4. Total count should be more than 20million/ml. I was at 28 and 32 mil/ml in both tests.
5. Rapidly motile should be more than or equal to 50%. In my both tests i was at 50/55.
6. Worse of all. The normal morphology should be more than 70%. In both of my tests i was at 40 and 50%.
Will be grateful for your detailed explanation. And ways i can improve these out of range/borderline areas. Many thanks!
Your lab is using wrong reference values. The value use today are WHO 2010 guidelines for semen analysis.You can see new guidelines in Internet. These are different amd your labs are using old guidelines.
I went through another test from another lab. As rightly indicated by you, i fell in the normal range in most fields except for one. Kindly explain the "3-" grade that i have got in the test. Here are the complete results:
Volume: 2 ml
Color: Light grey
Liquefaction time: 30 mins
Sperm count: 42 million/ml
Sperm motility: 60%
Activity grade: 3-
Sperm morphology: 35%
Pus cells: 0-1/HPF
Report: Sperm count, motility, morphology are essentially with in normal limits. Disturbed sperm motility pattern.
3- = * Fast, but undirected movement.
Kindly review and comment.
Also, i am suffering from premature ejaculation. So i apply Xylocaine (Lidocaine)% on my penis 30 minutes before intercourse. Is this okay for me to do so? (The intention is not to conceive at the moment - kindly comment in both scenarios i.e. a) attempting to conceive b) not attempting to conceive
Rest assured, the penis was clean before sample were given for the three tests.
Thank you doctor. You have no idea what a great help you have been.
Report of 3- indicates motility pattern where the sperms are going in different patterns. But this is not a problem to conceive. You can get pregnant with this.
Premature ejaculation can be reduced by being calm, stress-free. You can request your doctor for Dapoxitene tablets prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from the semen analysis report
- What are normal values in a semen analysis report
- What does the following semen analysis report suggest
- Semen analysis report what is the problem suggested treatment
- What is your opinion for the attached semen analysis report
- What are the the conclusions from my semen analysis report
- Does the semen analysis report indicate any abnormality
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What does the attached semen analysis report indicate
- What is the interpretation form my semen analysis report
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?