Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Surgery done for gall bladder stone. Facing burning urination and loose motion. Any suggestion?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9350 Questions
Hello Doctors My name is XXXXXXX from Bangalore, i had a suregery removal of Gal Balder stone 3months now i have stomach problem, urniary burning sensation, loose stools, difficult in passing motiion in the morning as soon as i eat breakfast i pass loose motion i get tired shiwering, gidiness, sweating kindly suggest me the option
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Well first i need to ask have you ever had such symptoms before gallbladder removal? These are not usual complication of surgery, but sometimes our digestion need to adapt to absence of galbladder. Also some more serious complication can occur such as bile duct obstruction. Did you have any jaundeice,dark urine or pain in the area of liver?
If we exclude posoperative complication then some most common disorders are gastritis, irritable colon disease, chronic hepatitis/pancreatitis. Some less often are Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis. If your problems start after meal then it is stomach disorder probably(gastritis, GERD or hiatal hernia). For this you need to do gastroscopy and help your self by eating easier food,fruit and milk products,and drink less alcohol, coffee. Also should take some antiacid drugs.

If your symtoms comes 4-8 hours after meal then it is colon disorder and colonoscopy should be done to rule out crohn,ulcerative or tumors. If you find blood in stools or have extreme distention go to hospital for workup.
I recommend to wait for 1 month and see is this diet gonna help. If not then those tests i ve mentioned should be performed.

If you have any question I am here
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor