Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest ways to rule out kidney stone

Answered by
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3040 Questions

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Thought i was I was having another kidney stone but not sure now. Lower abdomen sore and testicular area.
Worse in the mornings. Especially when I get up and down or twist.
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other causes of the pain should be considered also- explained

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read you.r question and understand your concern.

Kidney stone can cause pain when it is moving in the "tubes" and pain might radiate in the lower abdomen and sometimes in the testicle of that side. Generally that pain does not get worse with movement though as it is a radiated pain and it is not a "real pain" in those areas.
Because you have pain with movements like getting up or down or twisting than it does not seem to be due to a kidney stone but probably due to a muscle or abdominal organ pain like bowel.

I would say that it is good to drink plenty as it might help if a stone is present and is good for health in general. A urinalysis would be helpful to check for any possible changes in the urine.
Taking something for pain like ibuprofen and paracetamol might be tried but if no improvement or the pain comes back or gets worse you should quickly see your doctor.
You will need to examine yourself and check for any mass in the groin area to rule out any herniated bowel. Sometimes if it is in the first stages it can not be seen easily by the patient and you might need to see a doctor to rule it out. Your doctor might ask for an abdominal ultrasound to rule out bowel hernia, it would identify a kidney stone in some cases also. You might be asked also a testicular ultrasound to evaluate your testicles and possible reasons for discomfort there.

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to contact us in care more clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,
Antoneta Zotaj, MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Ibuprofen

doctor1 MD

I have been having headaches for four days now, but ibuprofen has helped. Yesterday I also had neck pain on the lower left side of my neck near...

doctor1 MD

How do you know if you have a bruised rib, i fell on the driveway on my left side and have pain under armpit towards breast I have no bruising or...

doctor1 MD

Hello, My 14-year-old daughter got a throbbing headache which was soon followed by red blotchy skin all over her body (with few exceptions). Her...

doctor1 MD

ive been suffering from dizziness and confusion sporadically. it only last for a few moments, often less than a minuet. ive been suffering from...

doctor1 MD

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins. For the past 3 days am having severe shooting pain in my arms and shoulders. It started with left hand now moved...

doctor1 MD

I'm 27 year old female from past few days I have got joint pains . especially while climbing up and down the stairs along with the cracking sound....

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats...