Suggest ways to lower the heart-rate during intercourse

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: How do I keep my heartrate down during sex?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Welcome
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The question you asked is a very common question, asked by many of our patients.
Honesty speaking, it is not possible for anyone to have sex & low heart rate during it. During sex, our body releases some hormones for satisfaction, which increase our heart rate so that more blood & therefore more oxygen us available, as sex is a energy consuming process.
So, it is not possible to do sex & have low heart rate during it.
You can still try Yoga, which has helped many peoples in controlling their body. You can also do sex but less intensely, which will still raise your heart rate, but slightly less.
I hope i answered your query.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 17 minutes later
What is the normal heartrate during sex?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can go to around 140/min

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Heart rate during sex is different for different individuals.
It can go upto around 140/min normally.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
I have an irregular heartbeat. Have had a defibrillator put in and it is set at 250 high end. My doctors all say I am good to have sex. How do I deal with the fear it may go off?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Heart rate during sex generally does not go to as high as 250. We advice our patients that they can have sex, but do not become over engaged in it. Do it easily & slowly. Don't do it fast & with lot of energy.
Following these things will keep your heart in control.
I hope it was helpful to you.
If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help.
Wishing you a healthy life.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 30 hours later
What position can I use to keep my heart rate down?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Welcome,
You can lie down with your partner on top of you doing all the work. It will increase heart rate least.
Or if you are above her, pump slowly, don't do fast.
But her on top is better.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy