Suggest treatment for yellow stains on teeth

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 in Dental Health
Question: my teeth are yellowish i want white shiney teeth and i am also having problem of bad smell coming from my mouth. pl suggest solutions for this and also suggest best toothpest for this problem.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below .Nothing to be worried.Selfcare remedies. Oral prophylaxis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX.
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic.
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

I have read your query and understand your concern . As far as yellowish teeth and bad smell from mouth is concerned this can be due to deposition of stains and calculus that is yellowish deposits on outer surface of teeth and subgingival areas of gums.
See bad smell medicaly termed as Halitosis . Halitosis primarily due to deposition of food debris in subgingival areas of gums . Bad breath also include some of these reasons like drug induced , bacterial infection , dry mouth , respiratory tract infection , sinus problem , diet (use of milk product , garlic , onion ) .

Scaling (oral prophylaxis ) helps you in whiten your teeth and avoiding bad breath which removes food debris from subgingival region of gums .

I will also suggest you some home remedies to avoid bad breath :
-Do warm saline rinses two -three times a day .
-Brush your teeth twice daily . You can use toothpaste like Colgate Visible white for whitening .
-use chlorhexidine mouthwash .
- used waxed floss to clean interdental areas of teeth .
-Take green leafy vegetables in your diet .

You can do self care remedies at home and if bad breath persists despite of aforementioned then consult oral surgeon for complete oral prophylaxis (scaling and root planing ) .

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T