Suggest treatment for yellow crusty lesions on the face while suffering from shingles

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Thank you my son has shingles on his face.. 3 days now he has these yellow colored crust over lesions near mouth should we wash to try and remove them or let them fall off naturally.. he's been treated with Mupirocin Ointment
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue using mupirocin ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
You may continue applying mupirocin ointment,2x over the affected area. The crusts would fall off automatically in 2-3 days. Dont remove them manually.