Suggest treatment for yeast infections, RMSF and Lyme disease

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: I am 45 yr. old female. Was diagnosed with Rocky Mt. Spotted Fever and Lyme Disease 2 years ago. Since then, I have become bedridden from pain and mental disorders, My whole body is rattled with yeast. My primary doctor will only offer me enough Fluconazole to keep me alive. She will not perform cultures nor will she refer me to a specialist. I have yeast everywhere. Please help! Why won't these doctors diagnose systemic yeast infections???? And refer me to a specialist in this field? I don't think I have to tell a physician that yeast is what "eats" a decomposing body. I am being "eaten alive" and no one is doing anything about it! Please help! Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry prevention is better than cure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query at HCM!
I am Dr. Sheetal Verma an Infectious Disease Specialist answering to your query!
I went through your query and understand your concern.

You need proper nursing care, diet, prevention of bed sores and maintenance of hygiene.There are millions of microorganisms in our surrounding that threaten our health condition. One of the most ordinary but troublesome infection is caused by yeasts that are ordinarily found everywhere in our body as a harmless normal flora. Yet, once our immune system is depressed, they begin to flourish and multiply beyond the normal limits to take advantage of our weakness. They then spread all over our body, inside and out, causing infections that are hard to treat and often times, recurring. At this point of time, without complete details I am unable to comment whether or not you have a systemic yeast infection.

Yeast infections are treatable diseases but avoiding incidence of infection is far better than having to worry about treatment. Preventive measures include a proper diet, a daily supplement of vitamin C to boost your immune system and enable the body to resist the invasion of infectious pathogen. It is also a good idea to exercise regularly to improve blood circulation and increase your energy. It is important to observe proper personal hygiene because yeast infections usually thrive on dirty environments and has a predilection for delicate places in our body.

So don't worry about taking fluconazole; but it is more important to prevent blood stream infection due to it. If you develop fever then only cultures are recommended. So don't worry and have a positive attitude towards life. do creative things and you will be fine. But yes for your psychological advantage you can get evaluation done by a specialist.

Hope I have answered your question. If you would like some more information I will be happy to provide. You can take a follow-up query. It would be kind if you hit a thanks if found helpful. You can also write a review for me. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health
Take care! Wish you best of Health.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
Infectious Disease Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 41 hours later
I hate to tell you this but I already have the infection, as this is why I have contacted you. Prevention is not an option! I developed the fungal infections from Lyme and Rocky Mt. Spotted is too late for prevention now!!!! Obviously, this is why I have written you all several times. If this is some kind of joke, I don't find it humorous!
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get yourself referred.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.
I understand your concern and situation.

As a doctor we are your well wisher and try to come up with best solutions. Your health is not a matter of joke for us. You must trust us.

I must like to tell you that a person with systemic yeast infection will be too serious to even communicate or write a query. Therefore I feel the infection isn't systemic. However you have the option to consult an infectious disease specialist.

In your case if you feel the fungal infection has been established then I suggest that you to start antifungal drugs. I also suggest that you can get blood culture and sensitivity testing done for bacteria and fungal infection. This will be a better guide. Don't loose hope and have faith in God.

All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 635 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Thrive

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My son has had 2 bouts of bronchiolitis which resulted in hospitalisation, one at 4 months and one at 8 months. Ever since the first...

doctor1 MD

Primary care doctor prescribed Florastor , a Probiotic . My stool is brownish, smaller than usual, with a small liquid mix . Could this be a side...

doctor1 MD

My one year old son has been diagnosed with 1.6 mm patent foramen ovale . He has no other issues like vsd or pda. His pulmonary valve gradient is...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor ,

My wife is almost six months pregnant.It started bleeding from 2.5 months onwards.the cause is diagnosed as Placenta Abruptio(low Lying...

doctor1 MD

My Daughter is 21 months old. At 3 weeks she had open heart surgery for Shones Complex. After an attempted extubation following surgery she went...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction