Suggest treatment for white spots on tongue
The cancer specialist first advised me to take Lycored capsules 2 morning and 2 evening for
15 days and than he would check again and study the white spots and than proceed with biopsy
if necessary. I have been smoking since last 25 years but just 3/5 day .
Kindly advise if this is right treatment and does these spots develop due to smoking or other
types of things put in mouth for smell or taste .
Needs evaluation if spots are there since long XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query to HCM .
There are many causes for White Spots over the tongue . It could be simple Aphthous Ulcers which can happen due to stress , trauma from tooth or dentures , could be a Fungal Infection or even a bacterial infection . All these are simple and easily treatable conditions .
But there are certain conditions like Squamous Cell Carcinoma ( type of cancer ) , Sub Mucous Fibrosis etc which are or can become dangerous .
If your problem is since few days then it's most likely due to simple causes but if it's there since weeks or months then we need to consider it seriously .
Lycored is a Lycopene with anti oxidant supplement . This will help if your spots if it is due to Aphtous ulcers .
I advise you to continue these medicine and if white spots are still present go for the biopsy .
You have not answered how one develops these white spots . They are present since last 3 weeks only. I also see some diminish gradually after taking the medicine
Is there any other treatment you recommend . I am going to Germany on 11th September for 2 weeks and should I get the biopsy done before leaving if the spots due not disapear completely.
Spots can be due to many reasons
I have mentioned how one gets these spots .
1. Aphthous ulcers--due to stress , trauma from tooth or dentures
2. Fungal Infection-- If there is long standing Diabetes or Immuno supression.
3. Bacterial Infection-- Due to bad oral hygiene or a spread from throat infection.
4. Carcinoma or Sub mucus Fibrosis-- Due to smoking or chewing Tobacco .
I would like to see a photo of your spots so that I can advise any additional treatment . Kindly upload images.
Yes, if your Spots doesn't disappear by 1 week then you better get the biopsy done .
Needs Biopsy .
Thanks for uploading the photo .
Looking at the photo it is definitely neither Fungal infection nor Bacterial infection .
It is looking like Leucoplakia which is a precursor of malignancy . It is better you get Biopsy done .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment for white spot
- Treatment and cure for white spots
- White spots on gums mouth tongue history of tonsillitis treatment
- White spots on apex of tongue
- White spot treatment for goldfish
- Treatment for painful white spots under tongue
- White spot on gums treatment
- Ayuevedic treatment for white spots
- Is there any treatment for white spots
- White spot treatment by ayurved
- Suggest treatment for problem in ejaculation
- What causes rashes while on treatment for laryngitis and fever?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- What causes large pupils and allergy to many drugs?
- What does a creatinine level of 160 suggest?
- What causes choking sensation in throat and difficulty breathing with...
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with vomiting
- What causes weakness in a diabetic and BP patient?
- What causes blood in stools?
- Suggest treatment for blockage in carotid artery