Suggest treatment for weight gain, breathing difficulty while taking steroids for cough
COPD. My doctor has changed my high blood pressure medicine from Lisinopril to one that does not have a diuretic. I have also been on several prescriptions that are steroids to help with my cough. What can I do to counteract the weight gain and water retention? I am 77 years old.
Avoid steroid (prednisone).
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
Steroid (prednisone) can cause weight gain as side effect.
It can also cause rise in blood pressure or poor control of hypertension.
Better to consult pulmonologist for cough as steroid is not indicated in cough.
There are certain indications for steroid use in COPD patients.
So avoid unnecessary use of steroid containing drugs.
Please let me know
1. Since how many days, you are taking steroid containing drug?
2. What is your height, weight and waist?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe cough with breathing difficulty stringy white mucus treatment
- Sudden random episodes of coughing difficulty breathing causes and treatment
- Treatment for cough breathing difficulty and chest tightness
- Difficulty breathing compression in chest cough taking antibiotics treatment
- Treatment for child s nosebleed difficulty breathing and cough
- Flu blocked nose breathing difficulty coughing treatment
- Weight gain after taking steroid treatment for allergy suggestive treatment
- Coughing and breathing difficulty after exposure to aerosol fumes treatment
- Suggest treatment to gain weight and for bad breath
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty