Suggest treatment for warts on the stomach

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What are these? Firstly the thing on my stomach has been there for 7 months, i have been told several times its not a wart and that it is some type of scar or cyst. The thing on my penis recently popped up, it is a little more hard to touch, slightly raised and hurts a little with pressure, i have a feeling its going to become a boil. The thing on my stomach is painless, slighlty raised and it hasnt grown in size at all i dont think. I need answers i dont want to be misdiagnosed and end up giving somebody warts. By the way the thing on my stomach popped up 2 months after having unprotected sex and hasnt went away after 7 months. that is why it is hard to believe it is not a wart even though it is not on my genitals and on my lower stomach. I dont want to pass anything to anybody thats why i really want to know.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis, apply topical antibiotic, doesn't look like a wart

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.
The thing on your penis seems to be a folliculitis which is inflammation of the hair follicle.
I would recommend you to apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment or fusidic acid cream on the affected areas twice daily for 5-7 days.
This should resolve it.
As far as your stomach lesion is concerned it still looks like a scar.
I don't think it is a wart and you don't have to worry about transmitting the infection to others.
Still if the lesion on the stomach is bothering you, you can consult a dermatologist and go excision biopsy to find out what it is exactly.
On clinical examination it doesn't look like a wart at all.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D