Can shingles cause blisters with scabs a week apart?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
hi I believe I may have shingles I do you have a diagnosis of p a d that was determined about a year ago my rash developed on the shin of my right leg and because of the p a d I think I dismissed many of the initial symptoms it got my attention for the first time about 3 weeks ago when I noticed blisters the blisters were rather short-lived I did a baking soda pack a few times and basically it cleared up pretty quickly however there was one area that remained scabbed and I think it was a result of a cluster blisters that I scratched opens, about a week into the healing process the second set of blisters popped up in a cluster juselow where the first set had been like the these were itchy and tender in fact maybe even a bit more than the first round. I'm going to include pictures I've taken throughout the progression othe first few pictures are before the second set of blisters but then cmes around 2 which is of where I now
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Images not received

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Perhaps it is not shingles. Shingles doesn't usually appear in phases - never a week apart. It initially begins as a few red bumps or blisters which over the next 1-2 days may become full blown. So it is a continuum and not a week apart. Having said that I would definitely like to have a look at your skin rash. Unfortunately I have not yet received the images. You may upload images in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: Can shingles cause blisters with scabs a week apart? 46 minutes later
hi am sending 4 pics the last was yesterday

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I have viewed the images. It's infected eczematous dermatitis rather than shingles.
I would suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin 500 mg or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily, for a week.

In addition I would suggest either a combination cream of a moderately potent topical steroid and a topical antibiotic e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 %+fusidic acid 2% cream, twice daily

Or

else a short course of an oral steroid e.g prednisone or methylprednisolone.