Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for warts on the neck

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 580 Questions
My son has a wart or bump on his neck. Should he see a dermotologist about his?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a skin horn and needs to be removed by a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

The picture you have uploaded gives a immage of what we call a skin horn. It generally starts on a skin bump and is difficult to be removed other than medically and due to the recommendations that the lesion at the base should get a biopsy, than the proper doctor to do it is a dermatologist.

Most of the times the lesion is removed and biopsy is normal and nothing to worry, rarely a more important lesion can be found with biopsy and that might need further medical attention.

So to conclude I would say:
1. have the horn and the lesion underneath it by a dermatologist
2. the lesion needs biopsy according to recommendations

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case anymore clarifications are needed on this.

Kind regards

Antoneta Zotaj, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor