Suggest treatment for vertigo and lightheadedness
my vitals were done today, bp 130/85 normally I'm 110/80
my glucose was 6.0 which was taken at 2pm ( I had iso whey protein with water at 8am, and quinoa with tomato, peas and black rice at 10am) I'm concerned about my glucose as it seems high considering what I had eaten.
not sure what is wrong with me
Need more details
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
I would like to know how many hours after eating was the glucose checked?
Please attach also the previous result done 1 month ago.
Your weight, height would also be helpful to give you a proper answer.
Will be a pleasure to help you further.
Glucose was taken 4 hours after eating
Can't recall the exact results of prior glucose test Dr stated I was borderline and wanted to re test concerned the results weren't quite right
Is a 6.0 something to be concerned about? Considering I hadn't consumed any sugar, is pre diabeties a possibility?
My father had type 1 diabetes
need to check the fasting and postprandial glucose:
Thanks for the details,
As the blood sugar has been borderline before one month and you are overweight, i would suggest to check the following in laboratory:
-Fasting blood glucose
Type 1 Diabetes is rarely inherited, don't worry.
A value checked with glucometer, incidentally 4 hours after eating, is not very reliable.
Please attach the above results for further suggestions, l'll be glad to assist you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe vertigo
- Suggest possible treatment for vertigo
- Suggest treatment for vertigo inspite of using medicines
- Diagnosed with vertigo worsened balance nausea suggestive treatment
- What treatment is suggested for lightheadedness and headache
- Suggest treatment for vertigo and pain in kidney
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with headaches and dizziness
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and vertigo
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with lightheadedness
- Dizziness lightheadedness and vertigo
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?