Suggest treatment for vaginal infection

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: i have got a yeast infection taken fluconozole ..greenish discharge can b seen ..its painful and have swollen vagina..had gotten yeast infection in april
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Greenish discharge is MOSTLY suggestive of Bacterial Vaginosis. One swab test or wet mount preparation is helpful to confirm the diagnosis. You should maintain genital hygiene properly and avoid sexual contact until problem is completely resolved.
Treatment: a) Metronidazole or Clindamycin either orally or vaginally are highly effective to treat this type condition. If you are sexually active, then your partner also needs one course of antibiotic. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist or healthcare provider for complete prescription.

Use VAGISIL or pH Balance wash - twice daily. Drink more water with added salt- sugar to stay hydrated. Bathing at least twice daily and maintenance of genital hygiene are mandatory. Avoid sugary products and take vitamin & anti-oxidant supplement.

Prebiotics and probiotics (containing Lactobacillus) are also effective to maintain NORMAL vaginal flora and prevent recurrent infection.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
how many tablets should i take for the cousre
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You need to see a doctor to get proper antibiotics. Taking Fluconazole is not sufficient.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.