• question-icon

Suggest treatment for urine infection

Posted on Wed, 9 Jul 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I was married year and half ago.
After 3 months of my marriage I
started having severe back pain and pain around my waist area.
Alongwith that there was burning sensation during urination.
Doc suggested I have developed infection (don't exactly remember name of infection) which is common in women after marriage.
I took alopathic medicines for around 20 days then there was relief.
But again after 2 months I developed few similar symptoms. that time
I had developed pain in right waist and similar burning sensation during urination. Then I took homeopathic medicine and I got relief. Homeopathic doc thought it is due to kidney stone.
But there was no kidney stone in ultrasound.

Now I have again started developing burning sensation during urination although currently no pain is there.
ALthough there is slight pain in right kidney area which has never gone completely. Infact this pain is increased incase I do any exercise.
Can you please suggest me some suitable medicine for this and suggest what all precautions should I take during this.
Also one more thing all the three times this burning sensation starts 3-4 days before my menstruation date.

Menstruation cycle is normal: 27 days which continues for 5 days.
And every third cycle comes after 28-29 days of last cycle.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
urine culture to be done

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
The symptoms you mentioned are due to urine infection.
The urine culture and sensitivity has to be done. This test will reveal the nature of infection and the appropriate antibiotic to be given.
Once started you may have to take it continuously for 2 weeks. After that if repeat symptoms occur then you may need prophylaxis of antibiotics for 3 months. In my clinical experience I have seen that many patients with recurring pain and infection may have ureter stones which may need repeat scan for diagnosis.
Also a tablet UTICLEAR taken twice a day and lots of fluids everyday helps.
Please consult your doctor before starting medication.
Please feel free to write back with reports to DR XXXXXXX
Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 20 hours later
Thanks for the answer XXXXXXX Can you please suggest me some good gyno in XXXXXXX who can help me in this. Also can you please provide me details of the tests to be done. If possible can I send you reports? Also please suggest me what all test needs to be done for ureter stones. If ultra sound helps then please suggest me details of ultra sound to be done.
Also I would like to start medicines after all tests are done.
Can you suggest me some precautions to be taken eg in eating and precautions in married life.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
You can consult any doctor in standard hospitals like XXXXXXX or fortis.
All tests including ultrasound will be prescribed and done there so that you don't have to visit multiple centres.
Regarding food intake it's more important to take lots of fluids especially in XXXXXXX where it can be terribly hot.
It important to wash immediately after intercourse and drink a glass or 2 of water before retiring to bed . This prevents infection in many women.
You can write back with reports.
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Thanks XXXXXXX i'l get the test one soon.
One more query Can urine culture and sensitivity test be done during ongoing menstruation? O
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wait till period is over

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
please wait till you complete your period as blood may contaminate the sample.
Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX
Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN