Suggest treatment for urinary infection
My 5 and half months old girl baby has got urinary infection two months back.She has undergone both urine routine and culture test.Protein content in urine was +++.Later doctor advised for DMSA scan which result is normal.Now again today she is urinating frequently with some uneasiness. Would like to know whether DMSA scan report is a final report to ensure she is normal with both her kidney functioning properly? Whether she has to undergo any other test further?.Why such infections are coming frequently? whether such infection are common in babies?
yes it is common
Thanks for writing to us.
1. UTI is common .
Urinary tract infection is common in girls because of the short length of urethra (from bladder to outside ) compared to boys. Usually the source of bacteria is from stools or diapers or clothing.
But frequent UTI needs to evaluated fully, esp with 3+ proteinuria.
2. DMSA scan is not fully wholesome final. VOiding Cystourethrogram and Ultrasound abdomen must be done too to completley rule out problems in the passage tract.
3. I would advice you to repeat urine test with blood urea and creatinine and blood albumin too. If blood albumin is low, this needs to be investigated further for conditions like nephritic/nephrotic syndrome
Ultrasound Abdomen is already done .Report says liver,gall bladder,spleen,pancreas,bladder and kidneys are normal.
During her first UTI doctor gave citralka 1ml-1ml-1ml. After she recovered doctor advised to take cephalexin oral suspension I.P. ceff dry syrup 0-0-2.5ml as option.But I dint give ceff dry syrup.Whether i can start giving ceff dry syrup now?
Now for her second time UTI I gave citralka today.Whether both ceff dry syrup and citralka can be given together?
yes you can
The previous infection was adequately treated . No issue with not giving ceff drops at that time.
Yes you can give both ceff and citralka for the current infection.
Today I consulted the doctor.He says no need to treat her unless fever comes.He asked me to stop citralka. In her last UTI she has got cloudy smelly urine with vomiting and fever.But this time she is just urinating frequently once in 5 minutes or 10 min with some uneasiness.Doctor says it might be because of climate change and asked to give culture test .Which is the next right thing that I have to do?Kindly do guide me doctor.
Thanks and Regards
I also forgot to say one thing. She has got an Ear Tag in her ears.Doctor mentioned .Whether it is related to kidney?
need to do culture
Yes you need to do urine culture test along with routinetest. If the pus cells are more than 5 or if culture shows bacterial growth antibiotics are needed even.without fever.
Ear tags usually are associated with renal tract issues. If ultrasound has already been done no need to worry
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for active urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for fungal urinary infection
- Treatment of urinary infection by injection
- Treatment and cure for complicated urinary infections
- Suggest medication for urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for early urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for recurrent urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for resistant urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for typhoid, urinary infection
- Treatment and cure for asymptomatic urinary infection
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....