Suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis
Forshort term use its safe.
Extremely sorry for a bit delayed reply.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I am a Gastroenterologist and would be answering your queries.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
Please note as you have just mentioned colitis i will take it as ulcerative colitis.
Steroids from decades are one of the most important drug used for treatment of ulcerative colitis. More then 90% patients responds immediately to the medicine.
However initial approach of treatment depends for ulcerative colitis depends mainly on how bad the disease and symptoms are at the time of diagnosis.
As per your query yes Budesonide is a potent steroid and causes central obesity on long term uses.However weight gain depends on the duration for which steroid is used and the doses given.
Its not necessary that every patient on steroid swells up like a ballon. Weight gain and central obesity is one of the most common side effect of steroid but every body is a unique system how it responds to a particular medicine depends on the body itself.
Please mention the doses you are on?
Time duration for which drug has been prescribed to you?
Any medications tried earlier for colitis?
Steroid will increase your blood pressure and will worsen your osteoporosis if used for long term.
Answer to following questions are necessary before giving you a professional advice.
As of now you can taker budesonide as weigh gain is a long term side effect and a therapy for a week or two will not change your weight significantly.
Waiting for answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis flare treatment
- Ulcerative colitis drugs treatment
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Treatment and cure for ulcerative colitis arthritis
- Malaria treatment and ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis treatment options
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Is acthar used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis?
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?