Suggest treatment for tooth decay and gum infection

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I had one tooth that needed a root canal for unknown reasons; none of the typical reasons for a root canal described anything that had happened to that tooth. I didn't get it done and a few months went by, and then other teeth that were surrounding the "dead" tooth started to have the same problem; a mysterious need for a root canal. Since this infection is spreading all over my bottom row of teeth and probably gotten worse since its been a year or two now, it's obviously not because of any of the typically named reasons for getting infected. What infected it? No dentist or even root canal specialist was ever able to tell me. Could it be something completely unrelated to my teeth? Infection coming from somewhere else in my body? All of my normal check up and emergency room blood tests come back normal. thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
tooth decay, gum infection, attrition, deep bite, nachoretic

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query
As from as the teeth infection is concerned, I have the following possibilities.
It can be secondary to tooth decay, gun infection, trauma, attrition or abrasion and deep bite. The other rare cause can be an anachoretic infection which spreads from blood stream.
Nothing to be panic, consult a good oral physician and get it evaluated. You need to get a radiograph like orthopantomograph and radiovisuography done to confirm the diagnosis. once the diagnosis is confirmed we can treat the cause accordingly.
Kindly upload the images of the teeth which are in problem and the radiographs so that I can give you better diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T