Suggest treatment for tinnitus and high blood sugar levels

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: BP 143/70 Pulse 72 Blood sugar 143 age 58
Normal mild tinnitus from military.
I am having dizziness/loud tinnitus that can last for over an hour.
Often starts when rising from reclining position.
Meds Lisinopril, Venlafaxine, Protonix, 81mg Aspirin, Metformin.
Medical facility VA only.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinnitus with dizziness

Detailed Answer:
hi
welcome to healthcare magic and thanks for putting up the query
sir can you please tell me do you have any hearing loss or any loud noise exposure or trauma?
is there any dizziness with head movement like turning to one side?
please tell me these so that I can suggest you better..
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 40 minutes later
Per your request:
I am retired US Army.
Combat operations 2003-2004:
Hearing loss within acceptable military threshold.
Within 100m of mortar fire and within 5m of heavy machine gun fire.
No significant trauma.
Combat operations 2009-2011:
Minor shrapnel wounds lower (L) leg.
Shrapnel wound (R) anterior shoulder with joint damage. Repaired with 90% usage regained.
No other significant trauma.

There can be momentary disorientation with sudden head movements.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tinnitus with dizziness

Detailed Answer:
hi
Thanks for all the information..
please get a fresh audiometry done because she related hearing loss might be there..tinnitus is more when sensory neural loss is there.. so correction with hearing aid might be required

for dizziness..please take tablet betahistine 16 mg twice daily
tablet stemetil twice daily
tablet vitamin b12 1500 micrograms once daily
all the medicines I prescribed are available only on prescription

when I get up from lying down position keep sitting for few seconds before u get up from bed and stand

avoid pillow while sleeping..
keep a check on your blood pressure..

please send me your audiometry report.

wishing you a speedy recovery

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng