Suggest treatment for tingling sensation in the leg while suffering from diabetes

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have diabetes and have had painful tingling in my entire left leg and foot, as of this afternoon the painful tingling is up my entire left side and down my arm and hand. there is numbness and pain on the entire side
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
typical diabetic symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

I understand your problem. This is a typical symptom in diabetics and this condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. This occurs due to uncontrolled sugar levels in body. You need to check your fasting,post prandial and HBA1c levels.
You can also get a vitamin B12 test done to rule out B12 deficiency.
You can take Tab pregaba once daily, but this medicine is available only with doctor's prescription.

Get back if any query

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar