Suggest treatment for throbbing pain in the thumb
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in thumb of throbbing nature is likely a local inflammation mostly due to bending,twisting or some sprains. Antibiotics are not needed if there is no hidden abscess or erythema around or under nail beds. All you need is some good pain killers and rest. If the pain persists for over a week despite pain control, or it swells more or changes color then you should go to near by orthopaedic surgeon and let them have a look and run some tests. Control your diabetes levels of glucose and see if it helps.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is back labor throbbing pain
- Lower spine throbbing pain
- Getting sharp throbbing pains in chest suggestions
- Throbbing pain during menstruation
- Throbbing painful spasm in thumb could this be blood clot
- Treatment and cure for throbbing pain
- Throbbing pain hand heartbeat
- Throbbing pain in chest feel like vomiting suggestion
- Swollen inflamed toe blister between fingers throbbing pain treatment options
- Thumb smashed sharp throbbing pain swollen what to do
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...