Suggest treatment for throbbing pain in the thumb

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a throbbing pain in the top joint of my thumb on the non nail side. And I am out of hoe town in New aYork.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in thumb of throbbing nature is likely a local inflammation mostly due to bending,twisting or some sprains. Antibiotics are not needed if there is no hidden abscess or erythema around or under nail beds. All you need is some good pain killers and rest. If the pain persists for over a week despite pain control, or it swells more or changes color then you should go to near by orthopaedic surgeon and let them have a look and run some tests. Control your diabetes levels of glucose and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan