Suggest treatment for throat irritation and feeling of something stuck in throat
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To recapitulate: male/31 - Magic HP Kit for 13 days - Mucaine occasionally - Wants to get rid of throat irritation.
Since you are already taking HP kit, it is expected that the acid production and its coming up in the throat must have been reduced.
The possible causes of irritation in the throat can be:
- GERD- but under treatment and expected to be under control now.
- Local throat problems like pharyngitis due to infection or irritation by allergy and so on.
I would advise you the following:
Take Mucaine gel 3 tsf every three hours; the first dose to be taken the moment you are awakened in the morning,
Soft bland diet
Avoid too hot and too cold things to swallow.
Take sips of water regularly, this helps in self cleaning and keeping throat clear and less irritated.
Avoid all the lozenges and such chew-able tablets meant for throat irritation as they cause temporary relief but can cause rebound swelling and irritation.
If these measures fail to give response, consult an ENT Surgeon for clinical evaluation, investigations of the blood, throat endoscopy and proper additional treatment if required.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Something stuck in throat throat irritation treatment
- Treatment and cure for throat irritation
- Throat irritation mouthwash
- Lysol throat irritation
- Treatment and cure for minor throat irritation
- Treatment and cure for lower throat irritation
- Online treatment for throat irritation
- Gastritis throat irritation
- Treatment and cure for Constant throat irritation
- Treatment and cure for chronic throat irritation