question-icon

Suggest treatment for throat irritation and feeling of something stuck in throat

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: I am having throat irritation, feels like something stuck to my throat. I am under treatment of H pyroli infection. How to get rid of this throat irritation >
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
As explained.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

To recapitulate: male/31 - Magic HP Kit for 13 days - Mucaine occasionally - Wants to get rid of throat irritation.

Since you are already taking HP kit, it is expected that the acid production and its coming up in the throat must have been reduced.

The possible causes of irritation in the throat can be:
- GERD- but under treatment and expected to be under control now.
- Local throat problems like pharyngitis due to infection or irritation by allergy and so on.

I would advise you the following:
Take Mucaine gel 3 tsf every three hours; the first dose to be taken the moment you are awakened in the morning,
Soft bland diet
Avoid too hot and too cold things to swallow.
Take sips of water regularly, this helps in self cleaning and keeping throat clear and less irritated.
Avoid all the lozenges and such chew-able tablets meant for throat irritation as they cause temporary relief but can cause rebound swelling and irritation.

If these measures fail to give response, consult an ENT Surgeon for clinical evaluation, investigations of the blood, throat endoscopy and proper additional treatment if required.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon