Suggest treatment for throat infection and dry cough
Starting erythromycin was not the right decision..
At the outset please know that not all throat pain is due to infection. And not all throat infection need antibiotics. Therefore in my opinion it was a poor decision to start erythromycin. Repeating such actions can be detrimental in future.
Now if you had no other symptoms besides throat pain and dry cough, I would think of acid reflux disease as the most likely cause. Sometimes undigested acidic contents of stomach regurgitate to the throat irritation it and leading to dry cough and pain. I would treat such symptoms with salt water gargles, throat lozenges and antiulcer drugs. So my treatment to you are:
1. XXXXXXX warm salt water gargles 3-5 times a day.
2. Tus Q chewable tablets or syrup twice daily. Alternatively other throat lozenges such as strepsil can be used.
3. Esomeprazole capsule 20mg once a day for 2 weeks
In addition to those try small and frequent meals; restrict caffeinated beverages, smoking and alcohol; exercise to loose weight and destress yourself.
Should symptoms persist to trouble you for more than 2 weeks, please visit a doctor for reevaulation.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Allopathic treatment for throat infection
- Suggest treatment for uvulitis with throat infection
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and fever
- Suggest treatment for throat infection
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and cough
- Treatment and cure for throat infection
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Viral throat infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and prostatitis
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough