Suggest treatment for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi,
I have been experiencing a strange problem. Whenever i go out, i feel like to poop. Presently i am having stools that is sticky, it is dusty across the rectum. For example, like very small sand like stuff across the rectum. i had consumed guavas as well. some extremely small white particle also came out. i am born without a gall bladder. All this things add to embarassment as if i have to go out to party or somewhere i happen to touch my stomach with a cause of worry that what if i get poop call and i can feel that giddiness across stomach. Please help, i am 24 year old. Previously on suggestion of a physician i had done by blood and stool tests and everything was normal.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please attach your reports

Detailed Answer:

Please do attach any scan reports showing absence of gall bladder.

Absence of Gall bladder most often is associated with other structural abnormalities in the gastro intestinal tract. I would consider it essential to rule out first.

Please share any scan or scopy reports pertaining o the same.

Waiting for your response,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
With due respect sir, i would like to inform you that my absence of gall bladders was diagnosed when i was in an army selection procedure of medicals. So as such i don't have any report . But to top it all, my main concern is with kinds of stuff like Irritable bowel syndrome. Like getting poop calls when i am going out and untimely. Recently i have been having sticky stools as mentioned in the main post. So this is becoming a cause of worry and embarrassment too as being young i have to be at parties or as such get-togethers. Hope you are getting the picture now.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Investigations needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry for the delay in my response.

I understand the problem you are experiencing now.

If these symptoms are since few days to one month, I recommend a change in diet for few days which can correct the condition altogether. Change in diet being increase fiber content in the food or taking a fiber supplement like psyllium husk and reducing fat and carbohydrate content of the food. This type of diet will surely help in relieving many symptoms of altered bowel habits.

If the problem is for more than months to year, then to even diagnose IBS you need to be thoroughly investigated. Tests like colonoscopy and abdomino-pelvic ultrasonography is a must to rule any structural cause for the problems you have.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T