Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
GERD with gastritis and esophagitis!NO further investigation initially!
Most likely your symptoms are because of Gatro esophageal reflux disease (GERD),It is a chronic digestive disease. GERD occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, stomach content, flows back into your food pipe . The backwash irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes, heart burn,chest pain and intense burning sensation in throat.Both acid reflux and heart burn are a part of GERD.The presence of gastritis has proved additive to your symptoms.
Ask your gastroenterologist to increase the dose of pantroprazole or esomeprazole,Pantoprazole can be used in dosage as high as 40 mg twice daily ,Ash him to add Domepridome 30mg slow release once daily,This will slow down the reflux of acid back and would provide symptomatic relief.An antacid containing local anaesthetic could be added to drug regimen.Acotiamide is a new drug and is very effective in controlling symptoms of GERD and esophagitis.In trials- Acotiamide,a gastrointestinal motility modulator,at a standard dose of 100mg thrice daily has significantly affected esophageal motor functions or gastroesophageal reflux in healthy adults.
All these drugs can be considered by your gastroentrologist to provide you with symptomatic relief.
Apart from medicines few other life style changes are adviced-
- Increase XXXXXXX warm water intake
- Do not drink water during and after meals
- Eat small meals (rich in fiber),Avoid spicy,oily and heavy meals.
- Eat plentiful "fresh oranges" and "pear "
- Drink COLD milk and and AVOID junk food.
- avoid beverages / alcohol/ soft drinks
- do some exercise early in the morning
- avoid carbonated drinks
No further investigations are adviced at present;Ask your gastroenterologist to take the suggestions and follow them for 21 days;If not relieved a upper G.I endoscopy can be repeated.
I went yesterday for for H Phylori test the doctor told me on phone that the result shows positive, Here are my question now.
1) Is gastritis manageable with treatment.
2)Is it curable with the prescribe medication.
)Is there any further test to be done for accurate result and treatment.
Yes fully treatable and curable!
Yes gastritis caused by H.pylori is fully managebale and treatable ;Take the medicines prescibed by your gastroentrologist for 3 months.
At present as it is H.pylori diagnosed gastritis no further tests are recommended.
Just take the medicines for 3 months.
follow up after 3 months!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for gerd
- Symptoms of gerd
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gerd
- Gerd and back pain symptoms
- Suggest best possible medication for gerd symptoms
- Chronic gerd high body temperature suggestions for treatment
- Suggest treatment for flair up of gerd
- What are the symptoms and treatment for gerd
- Are difficulty swallowing symptoms of gerd?
- What are the possible treatments for gerd like symptoms
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses