Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes in neck
Here are some tests that should be considered:
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry you has been having chronic cervical lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes in the neck for more than 3 weeks).
I don't know what blood work has already been done, but here are some blood tests that should be considered:
Complete blood count and differential, with pathology to look at peripheral smear.
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and uric acid
B henselae (catscratch) serology if exposed to a cat
Tuberculosis skin test (TST) and interferon-gamma release assay (eg, Quantiferon Gold)
Liver function and renal function blood tests
Epstein Barr virus, CMV, and Toxoplasma serology (usually there is generalized lymph node swelling so these tests may be less important)
A chest Xray should be done.
A lymph node aspirate may be considered.
An ultrasound of the nodes may be considered.
What tests are done should be guided by the rest of his history and exam.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lymph nodes treatment
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Homeopathic treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Noticed swollen lymph node on neck suggest
- Treatment and cure for Swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and shoulder
- Ayurveda treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Cluster swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Tight neck and swollen lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis