What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Sat, 16 Sep 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: swallen lymph node since last tonsilitis (almost 1 year ago ) ultrasound shown their structure bening reactive 1.4/0.5 and 1.2/0.4 ,abdominal ultrasound good torax xray good ,no symptomes no weight loss ,no repetiteve colds just the lymph nodes ,should i ask for a biopsy ?or keep them under observation?i attached my lab result
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare magic and thanks for putting the query.
Lymph nodes may get enlarged during an infection and dont get back to their original size. As the fnac reports suggests that they are reactive, nothing else to be done just observation for any abrupt size increase is required.
Any further queries are always welcome.
Stay healthy
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 15 minutes later
here are my lab results with the viral profile ,do i have epstein barr and cmv or some of them can be false positive,are the lymph nodes a result of my virali infection ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cervical lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:
hi
Thanks for the information.
The reports suggest EBV infection but the lymphadenopathy is probably not due to this as in EBV INFECTION, there is generalised lymphadenopathy.
As IGM antibodies for CMV are normal, there is no acute infection.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist