Suggest treatment for swollen legs while suffering from kidney infections

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: my mother has a kidney infection and her legs are swollen and leaking fluid. she is on antibiotic clavulin and water pills is there anything I can do for her legs except keep them elevated?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer....you are on right direction and nothing else is to be done
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
The mainstay of the treatment in such type of patients is antibiotics for infection,water pills to remove excess water and keeping the legs elevated.
Since you are doing everything which is required to be done,there is nothing else which can be advised to you.
Make sure that legs are elevated in day time time also.
She should not sit in chair with her legs dangling downwards.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina