Suggest treatment for swollen and bruised foot

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi I twisted my ankle in the yard 5 days ago it's still not better I reinjured it today and now my foots tingly its swollen and bruised
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get an X-ray done! See an orthopedist!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this injured ankle. I have reviewed your information fully and the first step is to make sure that there is damaged structure at the ankle. For this, we will need an X-ray to begin with. Also, I will like to see this leg evaluated by an orthopedist as it may require casting for immobilization, pain control and healing. For now, rest, elevation and Ice packs alongside tylenol and ibuprofen would help control the pain and swelling. Avoid bearing any further weight on this leg until it is evaluated and probably immobilized to allow for healing.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 18 hours later
Do you think its broken ?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably not broken but twisted ligaments/tendons!

Detailed Answer:

Reviewing your information and the image doesn't give the impression that there is a broken structure here. Rather, I strongly think ligaments and tendons have been twisted in the wrong direction. For that reason, Immobilizing this leg as well as rest would help stabilize the structures and help with the healing process.

How are you feeling at this time?

I wish you well.