Suggest treatment for swelling and redness at the injection site

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dear Doctor,

I mistakenly taken tetanus toxoid injection 2ml (mistakenly from multipurpose vial).. instead of 0.5 ml.. since 36 hours.. no symptoms.. except pain at the injection site.. I am 26 years- female.. and my weight is 45 kgs. Is there any vitals I have to be checked.. is there any later reactions... I am little anxious regarding.. please suggest me as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Look for swelling.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
This dose is not toxic and is unlikely to cause any harm to you.
You may however notice erythema, redness, swelling over the injection area.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Hello Doctor, thank you.. for your valuable feed back.. what is the exact toxic dosage.. if you explain further.. i feel somewhat relaxed.. please doctor.. help me...hope you understand doctor. Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No definitive limit.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend, there is no definitive toxic limit of the Tetanus toxoid injection.
Some people even don't react to 5-10 ml of vaccine!
You would be fine , don't worry.
Good luck.