Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in the left knee

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I Fell off a bike today and skinned my left knee, then I noticed right below my right knee and towards the inside a large swollen place about the size of an apple. I have put ice on it for several hours but it has not gotten any smaller. I am 76 years old.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

From the symptoms you are explaining it seems there is soft tissue injury or hairline fracture in bone.

If I am your treating doctor, I would like to advise you xray of right leg in AP and Lateral view, so get it done and send me the report.

You should also visit orthopedic surgeon he may do your physical examination of that part, and act accordingly.

Till then have tab. aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg thrice a day by prescription of your treating doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

I hope you have got your answer.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D