Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for stuffed nose,fogy head and shoulderm pain due to allergy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
my son is experiencing allergic symptoms such as stuffed nose can not breathe , foggy head cannot not think straight, he is also having tendinitis pain in his shoulder, blood pressure is on high side and I think he is more emotional than usual he is 26 and has undergone allergy test and the dr said that he is not allergic to anything. They have him on Flonase and an antihistamine spray. he has attacks when he walk on to the work room floor or lab at work or when he take a shower at his appartment
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Allergic tests are not very sensitive or specific Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The tests used for allergy are not very sensitive or specific. Even if he has allegy the same may not catch up on the tests. He is already on cetain drugs. If changing the place or work and stay is not a solution then I would suggest that he should switch to stronger steroids or even oral preparations for a short period to reduce the allergy. Short course of oral prednisolone should help in reducing the allergy. Also he may start some aerobic exercises at home. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor