Suggest treatment for stretch marks and fat deposits around stomach
Its almost 19 months completed after my delivery. I feel very awkward with my figure becoz my stomach is looking very obese. I do not have any problems with other part of my body but lot of fats in my stomach. I do regular exercise but still no changes. is it anything to do with my pregnancy. what diet I should follow to be in shape.
please suggest me some cream to remove stretch Marks. I have many.
Stretch marks and fat around the belly
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that you are concerned about stretch marks and fat deposits around your tummy.
This problem is very common after pregnancy and delivery. You have mentioned that you have not been able to loose fat around tummy area inspite of exercise. I would like to give you a few suggestions which I hope will help you.
1. Please get a thyroid profile test done ( T3, T4, TSH). You could get thyroid deficiency after delivery and this could cause resistant fat deposits and inability to loose weight inspite of exercise.
2. You could try targeted exercises which target your abdomen. Examples include Crunches, ab bicycle, push ups, planks and leg raises.
3. Your exercise should be targeted to increase your heart rate.
4. Try to have a diet with around 1500 Kcals/ day. Try to have lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. Limit your portion intake instead of crash dieting. Try to cut down rice and have more chapathis instead. Cut down on sweets, sodas and fried items.
5. There are newer procedures available to reduce focal fat deposits. One such procedure giving good results is called Radio frequency skin tightening ( Exilis is one such company). This uses radiofrequency waves to break down the fat deposits and will also tighten the skin. You will need about 8 sessions once in 2-4 weeks. Please consult a dermatologist/ plastic surgeon who has access to this machine.
6. For your stretch marks, you could use a good moisturizer containing cocoa butter ( e.g- Palmers cocoa butter formula available in most cosmetic shops) in the morning. Massage the cream all over the tummy area. At bedtime, apply a cream containing 0.025% Tretinoin only on the stretch marks.
It will take about 3 months for the marks to lighten if you use these regularly.
The radiofrequency skin tightening procedure will also help to lighten stretch marks.
7. There is another procedure called as Microneedling which will help to lighten stretch marks. This uses a device called as Dermaroller to stimulate collagen production in the areas where stretch marks have formed. This also has to be done by a dermatologist.
Hope this helps you.
If you have any more queries, I will be glad to assist.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump on stretch mark on stomach
- Skin grafting on stomach stretch marks
- Suggest treatment for stretch marks
- Pimple type sore on stretch mark on stomach
- Treatment and cure for Stretch marks
- Pimple on stretch mark on stomach
- Stretch marks treatment scanil cream
- Stretch marks treatment at home
- What treatment should i take for stretch marks
- Swollen stomach stretch marks
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?