• question-icon

What does my thyroid test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 21 Jun 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: helo doctor i am 6 wek 5 days pregent when i done my thyroid test the results are t3 117 and t4 7.3 and tsh 24.73 doctor sugestd me to use thyronom 100mc is this thyroid have any effect on my baby brain development?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it will help brain development.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your TSH levels are increased which suggest a thyroid deficiency. This decreased thyroid levels can affect the brain development of the child.
Thyroid supplement- thyronorm is necessary for normal development of your baby. Do take the medicine regularly as advised.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Thank you reply madam as you said there is problem for baby brain development, so I don’t want to suffer my baby can I do abort or if I use this tablets everything goes well? please suggest me what to do?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need for abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
There is no need for abortion. You can use the tablets as advised and everything will be normal soon. Do go for regular check up.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN