• question-icon

What causes generalized weakness in the body?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am a mother of 4 children and an Asian my age is 39 and for the past one year I don't feel like doing anything even little things like taking a shower looks like a big task I don't even like to go for shopping I got a few test done all the reports were fine but my vitamin , was low since than I am taking vitamin D and for a few weeks I was fine but again I have the same feeling, and because of this feeling of not doing anything I have also stopped working out even though I was a regular at the gym and because I am not working out I have put on a lot of weight I also got my thoirod test done and report were fine.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Weakness or general asthenia can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
You seem to have ruled out most like vitamin deficiency, thyroid deficiency, iron.
I am sure you would have ruled out a high blood sugar and blood pressure too.
Can you send your lab reports so I can verify whether all vitamins and minerals are normal?
Since it has been persisting for a year, I would also like a hormonal assay, a stress test, a 2 D Echo cardiography, an abdominal sonography, and a PAP smear.
Meanwhile take a good multivitamin/multimineral preparation, any tablet for acidity.

Please revert back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Geeta Sundar