Suggest treatment for strep throat infection

Dr. Behar Greca

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: My husband had strep throat infection a week ago he's getting better but a few days ago his gum on th right side far back started to swell and today he woke up with a cottage cheese like discharge it looks like the one he had in his throat when he was sick what can it be
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gingivitis...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting!

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

I think his symptoms are caused by gingivitis. Gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums. It is caused by many different causes, but to my opinion, in this case it is caused by a bacterial infection.

The diagnosis is based on the patient symptoms and comprehensive periodontal exam by a dentist.

To treat gingivitis washing the mouth with Clorhexidine is recommended.

He should contact his dentist to discuss about the diagnosis and treatment.

Ask me for anything unclear.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj