Suggest treatment for stomach pain and diarrhea
Currently the pain on both sides of stomach.She is diabetic and there are no issues with her kidneys currently and diabetes is also under control.
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Possibly she has an acute food or borne infection affecting the intestine currently.
It does say longer especially in diabetes and elderly people.
Can give her mild antispasmodic like cyclopam if pain and continue with other medications as per your physician. If there is severe pain vomiting fever or no relief better to visit physician urgently.
Also worthwhile getting stool examination done once to see if there is any unusual infection.
About the problem of difficulty in swallowing solid n dry food need to be evaluated can get a barium examination done for same to look for any obstruction if deemed necessary can get an endoscopy done after consulting your gastroenterologist as to rule out any sinister cause like cancer.
Also avoid taking bolus of dry foods or salads or fruits which might sometimes get stuck in case there is any esophageal narrowing. Unlikely it is related to cold weather.
Hope this answers your questions.
Wish her a speedy recovery.
Happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain during pregnancy
- Bad stomach pains and diarrhea
- Metrogyl 400 stomach pain diarrhea treatment
- Treatment for diarrhea heartburn and stomach pain
- Stomach pain and diarrhea cunnilingus
- What are the treatments for diarrhea and stomach pain
- Pregnant stomach pain diarrhea suggestions
- Sore stomach pain with diarrhea constant cramps treatment
- Fainting stomach pain diarrhea