Suggest treatment for stiffness and tenderness in the legs
Welcome and thanks for your query.
The swelling with a woody feel can be due to three reasons: Lymphedema, cellulitis or a clot in the veins ( Deep Venous Thrombosis)
How long have you had this problem?
Is it possible to upload a picture?
If there is redness, tenderness and you feel feverish, it is likely to be cellulitis and you would require an antibiotic.
If it came on suddenly with only swelling,redness and tenderness in one leg, it may be a clot . A blood test for D dimer will be able to help in the diagnosis. This condition requires blood thinning injections which will help in breaking up the clot.
If it has been a long standing swelling it may be lymphedema and that requires investigations like an ultrasound examination to know the cause. Lymphedema would be helped by diuretic ( water pill).
Do get back to me with the results.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for body stiffness and pain with tiredness
- Treatment and cure for stiffness
- Stiff finger joint treatment
- Suggest treatment for compressed nerves with stiffness and pain
- What is the treatment of stiffness of penis
- Treatment and cure for Joint stiffness
- Stiff neck pain treatment
- What treatment is suggested for stiffness in knees and shoulders
- Treatment for muscle stiffness
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and stiffness