Suggest treatment for spinning sensation

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I woke up today and my vision was clear but I felt like I was rotating , slowing spinning slowly. No balance issues and played golf with no issues.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

You felt that your entire body was rotating or just the head?

Or maybe you felt like objects around you were rotating?

This rotation feeling happened when you changed your position?

Not all the rotating sensations are related to diseases.

Rotating sensation related to diseases are benign paroxysmal vertigo, Ménière's disease etc.

Blood pressure changes could result in rotating sensation too.

I don't think you have to worry, if the episode happens again, a check up needed to evaluate better your condition.

Hope this helps. Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical