Suggest treatment for soreness and sensitivity in genital area

Question
Hello, i am a 54 year old male who had unprotected sex 28 days ago with a 54 year old female who is asymptomatic for any stds but is currently getting tested to confirm she has no issues. Prior to this encounter i was having erectile dysfunction for which I am scheduled to see a urologist in a few days. I went to my family doctor 17 days after this sexual contact and had blood and urine analysis for stds and all tests came back negative. Two days ago, day 26 post possible exposure, i had a small amount of cloudy white discharge that looked and felt like semen while straining during a bowl movement. I had another episode today but less in amount of discharge. I have a soreness in my genital region that reminds me of the old phrase "blue balls" and a light sensitivity to the underneath area of my scrotum and penis. This "pain" or discomfort seems to be exacerbated from prolonged sitting. Any ideas or suggestions?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Common Genital infection,not necessarily STDs...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

The cloudy white discharge coming out when straining during a bowel movement associated with soreness in your genital area is indicative for genital infection. It does not necessarily mean it is STDs, but need further evaluation through:
- culture of spermatic fluid
- abdominal and genital ultrasound
- digital examination (to check for prostate problems)
- PSA test

in order to determine the right problem and take appropriate therapy. You might need a course of oral antibiotics and to keep a good hygiene of your genitalia.

Taking pain-killers (e.g. acetaminophen or mephenamic acid) will help reduce the soreness in your genital area.

With regards to erectile dysfunction problems you are facing, I advise to:
- check your blood sugar levels (diabetes might be a cause)
- measure your cholesterol levels
- get your blood pressure checked

to determine the right cause. If you are smoking/drinking alcohol,try to quit them and to conduct a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen.

Stress and anxiety might be other causes; so, it is important to try to cope with stress.

Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist you further!
Dr.Albana