Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for soreness and sensitivity in genital area

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
Hello, i am a 54 year old male who had unprotected sex 28 days ago with a 54 year old female who is asymptomatic for any stds but is currently getting tested to confirm she has no issues. Prior to this encounter i was having erectile dysfunction for which I am scheduled to see a urologist in a few days. I went to my family doctor 17 days after this sexual contact and had blood and urine analysis for stds and all tests came back negative. Two days ago, day 26 post possible exposure, i had a small amount of cloudy white discharge that looked and felt like semen while straining during a bowl movement. I had another episode today but less in amount of discharge. I have a soreness in my genital region that reminds me of the old phrase "blue balls" and a light sensitivity to the underneath area of my scrotum and penis. This "pain" or discomfort seems to be exacerbated from prolonged sitting. Any ideas or suggestions?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Common Genital infection,not necessarily STDs...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

The cloudy white discharge coming out when straining during a bowel movement associated with soreness in your genital area is indicative for genital infection. It does not necessarily mean it is STDs, but need further evaluation through:
- culture of spermatic fluid
- abdominal and genital ultrasound
- digital examination (to check for prostate problems)
- PSA test

in order to determine the right problem and take appropriate therapy. You might need a course of oral antibiotics and to keep a good hygiene of your genitalia.

Taking pain-killers (e.g. acetaminophen or mephenamic acid) will help reduce the soreness in your genital area.

With regards to erectile dysfunction problems you are facing, I advise to:
- check your blood sugar levels (diabetes might be a cause)
- measure your cholesterol levels
- get your blood pressure checked

to determine the right cause. If you are smoking/drinking alcohol,try to quit them and to conduct a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen.

Stress and anxiety might be other causes; so, it is important to try to cope with stress.

Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist you further!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor