Suggest treatment for sore throat, cough and sneezing

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hello, on the 1st of august , I woke up with sore throat, which evolved into what I believe was a cold. I self treated with otc medications. as of this week, I still have a sore throat, have been extremely fatigued, still have quite a bit of mucus that is greyish-brown and tenderness in the neck. I no longer have a cough or sneezing. just soreness in throat and a general feeling in my face/head that something is not right. I don't feel normal.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Viral with possible secondary infection

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
You probably started with a viral upper respiratory tract infection which may have developed a secondary bacterial infection. If you can afford simple blood test, get a CBC done and this would help in making an guess and suggesting appropriate treatment.
In the meanwhile you can use Betadine gargles in place of salt water, if you not allergic to iodine. Medicated lozenges also may be used for some comfort.

Do get back to me with the results