Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for small hole in right ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
Dear Sir/Madam
My father has a very small hole in his right ear, whenever there is colde during rainy season or winter some watery liquid runs from his ear and has pain. Due to which he can't sleep at night. This is happening last 3 years. Please prescribe some medicine and long term solution. He is of 59 years and diabetic. Take diabetic medicine regularly.
Please help.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may need surgery

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir and thanks for using healthcaremagic,

If the hole has been there for 3 years then the only solution is to get operated to close it.

There is no medicine that can close the hole that has been there for 3 years.

Please see an ENT specialist to confirm that the hole is present.

Do not worry, it is a very simple surgery and can be done under local anaesthesia and requires less than an hour to do it.

The results in expert hands are very good but there is a small chance of reperforation.

Till then keep the ear dry and do not let water to enter the ear. Do not try to clean the ear.

Dr Rajkishori Godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for small hole in right ear 58 minutes later
Thanks for the suggestion , please suggest medicine for immediate releif. He is in a village so immediate can't visit an ENT. Please suggest ear drop and antibiotic if any required till the time he visits an ENT.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
otocin ear drops

Detailed Answer:
he can start otocin ear drops 2 drops 3 times a day for 5 days.
he can take pain killers like paracetamol or ibuprofen after checking the dose.

he should keep his ears dry.
dr rajkishori godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor