Suggest treatment for slight nausea, back pain, left abdominal and pelvic discomfort

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: hello dr
I had my last menstrual cycle on may 10-12th. however it was light than usually i experience. For the past 3 weeks.I was diagnosed with UTI and was on antibiotics.I have been continuously having slight nausea, left abdomen and pelvic discomfort, low back pain. I met with my gynecologist last week but however they said everything was normal and the pregnancy test and UTI is negative.
Should I be concerned with the pinkish spotting and the nausea that happened today?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
SPotting might occur due to stress, antibiotics or a UTI.
Nausea and pelvic discomfort and abdominal pain are all common with a UTI, as is back pain.
As the pregnancy test is negative you should not worry.
This could be ovulatory spotting also.
Are you using any contraceptive method ?
Relax.
ALl the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
thanks for your reply. I feel relieved. I am not using any contraceptives as I am trying to get pregnant. I became concerned as my previous menstrual period also was light and less than usual.
I use to experience symptoms during ovulation such as headache and leg cramps. However this is the first time I am experiencing pinkish spotting.
If it is related to ovulation, will it show up on the digital ovulation testing device?
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might not show up on the testing device.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
See, you are 37.
After the age of 30 - 35, the ovarian reserve declines.
Ovarian reserve means the ability of the ovaries to produce good quality and number of eggs.
This falls.
Hence, periods become lighter, scantier, irregular and ovulation itself is unpredictable.
And the digital ovulation predictors are anyways not very reliable.
At 37, if you are trying to conceive, the best tool to monitor your ovulation is follicular monitoring - this involves serial tracking of the egg follicle with ultrasound scans.
Do you have any prior children ?
You can estimate your ovarian reserve by getting the levels of AMH ( a hormone ) tested for.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN