Suggest treatment for skin sore on outer ear

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had this sore, in the outer cartilage of my ear, for two years now. It seems to heal and then scab. It itches and the scab usually gets scratched off. I clean it with hydrogen peroxide and put triple ointment on it but it never goes away.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non healing sore are due to Itching.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the query.
I have seen your pinna picture.
Its seems to me that the reason for non healing of sore for 2 years in-spite of using hydrogen peroxide & triple ointment , is itching when its scab .
So , I would advice you to use antibiotic + steroid ointment , long acting antihistaminic to prevent itching during scab formation & Vit C to promote healing.
Also cut your nails & avoid psychological itching.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D