How can knee pain be treated without surgery while undergoing physiotherapy?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: ear Doctor,
I am male aged 45 yrs vegetarian. I am doing a Central Government job. My life is sedentary one.
MY PROBLEM IS SINCE ONE YEAR OSTEOARTHRITIS DEVELOPED IN THE KNEES. DOCTOR HAS SUGGESTED FOR X-RAY AND MRI. IN THIS IT IS FOUND OUT THAT CARTILAGE DAMAGED ON BOTH KNEES.
DOCTOR I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL SITES AND MANY PEOPLE THAT CARTILAGE CANNOT BE REPAIRED THE ONLY SOLUTION IS SURGERY BUT DOCTORS SUGGESTING ONLY SURGERY WILL BE DON E AFTER 60 YEARS.
NOW KNEE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE. I AM 172 CM AND HAVING 78 KGS GOOD LOOKING PERSONALITY.
DOCTOR I HAVE LOT OF PAIN IN BOTH KNEE PANS. I CANT WALK LONG DISTANCES AND LOT OF PROBLEMS ARE THERE. I KNOW I AM TAKING LOT OF CARE ABOUT LEGS. I AM DOING PHYSIOTHERAPY ALSO. BUT THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT.
DOCTOR KINDLY SUGGEST THE EXACT MEDICINES SO THAT I CAN ATLEAST MANAGE MY PROBLEM.
KINDLY SUGGEST MEDICINES FOR
1) PAIN KILLER FOR BOTH KNEES
2) DEVELOPMENT OF CARTILAGE
3) DEVELOPMENT OF FLUID
4) DEVELOPMENT OF BONES ETC.
KINDLY RECTIFY MY PROBLEM DOCTOR.
PRESENTLY I AM APPLYING OILS, DOING PHYSIOTHERAPHY, HOT AND COLD PACKS, PAIN KILLER [FLEXURA D. KINDLY SUGGEST EXACT MEDICINES SO THAT I CAN OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM. KINDLY TELL FROM WHERE I PROCURE THESE INJECTIONS. WHETHER IT HAS TO BROUGHT TO THE NOTICE OF DOCTOR PRIOR TO INJECTION. WHAT IS THE COST OF INJECTION OR THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS PLEASE.

Exactly tell me Doctor medicines one by one and dosage FOR WHICH I SHALL BE GRATEFUL TO YOU.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most of the medicines are prescription medicines

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me remark that osteoarthritis is a condition characterized by damage to the cartilages. You can benefit by taking Aleve (naproxen) as pain killer. Be sure to take it in full stomach. For the cartilage regeration, various prescription medicines like chondroitin sulphate may be used. Intraarticular injection of hyaluronic acid can also be given to substitute the fluid. Calcium and vitamin D supplements can be taken to help in bone development.

Let me know if I could help further.