Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the right side of the abdomen

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Having pain down in my love handle on my right side. Sharp pain. Is it gas or pinched nerve or muscle?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
1. Renal system (kidney and ureters), 2. hip joint, 3. Spine and nerves

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The region described by you is your flank region and is mostly associated with your kidney and the entire renal system.

Although it is also possible that your hip joint could be effected (bilateral X-ray of the hip is required for the same), I would still recommend a more elaborate workup of your renal system to be conducted.

A pinched nerve is possible, but more elaborate evaluation on your spine and other regions will be required for that, and should be considered only after your renal system and hip joint and considered perfectly normal.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write to me anytime, I am always here to help you sir.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T