Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the groin area

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have pain in the groin. Sharp pain or rawness or throbbing.I feel mmuscle or nerve becoming stiff.lying on the side hurts.can I use Hifnac-MR.what test should I take ?
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need further details

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. Which side is it!?
History of any previous surgery?

2. Since when are you suffering from this issue?
And any swelling?

3. Yes you can use Hifenac MR safely.

Please get back with answers..
I'll be able to help you better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 4 hours later
Right s side.
Historectomy in 1997
three years. Pain is frequent from past one year.
No swelling.

Ultra sound is done not CT scan.
I have IBS.its not bothering much.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercises will help..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting back..

Please note..

1. There are no groin surgeries and hence I can rule out complications arising due to previous surgery.

2. If scan is normal then I can think of muscular catch..
Usually it will be self limiting.
But I suggest physiotherapy consultation..
And exercises that help you strengthen that area.

3. IBS does not causes such a problem.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 44 hours later
Thank you doctor.
Ultrasonography shows Bladder Diverticula.will that cause pain.what should I do for that.
I am asked to go for CT scan.
Should I just go for physiotherapy.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes physiotherapy helps you..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Please note

1. Very unlikely that bladder diverticula will cause such pain.

2. Yes physiotherapy can help you..

3. This time undergo, a plain CT scan..

Hope this helps you..
Take care..