Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the groin area

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 383 Questions
I have pain in the groin. Sharp pain or rawness or throbbing.I feel mmuscle or nerve becoming stiff.lying on the side hurts.can I use Hifnac-MR.what test should I take ?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need further details

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. Which side is it!?
History of any previous surgery?

2. Since when are you suffering from this issue?
And any swelling?

3. Yes you can use Hifenac MR safely.

Please get back with answers..
I'll be able to help you better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the groin area 4 hours later
Right s side.
Historectomy in 1997
three years. Pain is frequent from past one year.
No swelling.

Ultra sound is done not CT scan.
I have IBS.its not bothering much.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercises will help..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting back..

Please note..

1. There are no groin surgeries and hence I can rule out complications arising due to previous surgery.

2. If scan is normal then I can think of muscular catch..
Usually it will be self limiting.
But I suggest physiotherapy consultation..
And exercises that help you strengthen that area.

3. IBS does not causes such a problem.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the groin area 44 hours later
Thank you doctor.
Ultrasonography shows Bladder Diverticula.will that cause pain.what should I do for that.
I am asked to go for CT scan.
Should I just go for physiotherapy.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes physiotherapy helps you..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Please note

1. Very unlikely that bladder diverticula will cause such pain.

2. Yes physiotherapy can help you..

3. This time undergo, a plain CT scan..

Hope this helps you..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor