Suggest treatment for shaky legs that hamper movement

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: male .63 . leg shakes .no pain. cant set it down or move forward . get stuck on stairs. no other health problems . do smoke 6 cigarettes a day and drink 3 whiskeys a day.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it can be peripheral neuropathy or tremors that you are getting . A neurological examination is very important to determine the type of illness .

Alcoholic neuropathy is also a possibilty . Please get vitamin B 12 , vitamin D tests done , its deficiency needs to be ruled out . If everything is normal parkinsons disease needs to be ruled out . Till then start taking a multivitamin tablet .Please see a neurologist for the same as neurological examination will be needed to determine the cause.

Dr. Shruti