Suggest treatment for severe ureter pain due to UTI and kidney stones
Needs detail evaluation.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have UTI and Kidney stones and have been taking Livofloxacin.and pain killers.
Pain and infection(UTI) that you have could be secondary to impacted stone in ureter .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Have you done Urine culture before starting Livofloxacin?
2) Have you done ultrasound scanning of abdomen and what is the report ?
3) Are there changes of Hydronephrosis in kidney and ureter suggesting obstruction to flow of urine from kidney into bladder?
Please consult qualified urologist for clinical evaluation and get following basic tests done under his guidance to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.so that you can take appropriate antibiotic to control infection.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) CT scan with contrast study of urinary system.
Further treatment will be decided by him and depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kidney stones in the ureter
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone lodged in ureter
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine due to kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite
- Kidney stone stuck in ureter