• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for severe right sided body pain

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in the right side of my body but it only pops up when I am laying on my right side? What could that mean? 
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need some details to guide you better

Detailed Answer:

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for pain. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:

1. What specific area hurts more? e.g stomach region, abdomen, chest, etc
2. since when are you having pain?
3. does pain radiate from one side to any other side?
4. any history of nausea, vomiting or fever?
5. any history of constipation or diarrhea?
6. are you on any medication?
7. any history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
8. any other symptom that you would like to share?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 7 hours later
it is a ache that is on the side area of right side..around middle bac and just down side..pain for about 4 months ...only one side painful and subsides when I get up..no nausea. yes I am almost always constipated. Over weight with fatty liver.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably muscular spasm

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them.

Most probably this pain is because of muscular spasm. I would suggest you to take following measures. Hopefully they will resolve your problem. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following measures:

- naproxen twice a day for 5 days.
- avoid lifting heavy weight till you become healthy again.
- ask some family member to do oil massage. It will also give soothing effect.

If your symptoms persists then please share your location so that i can find pain management units in you area where you can visit for further workup & physiotherapy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2013

Answered : 1313 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Fatty liver

doctor1 MD

I am writing to you for my wife who is suffering from back and leg pain. She was diagnosed with disc prolapse and we got medical advise that the...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I am male and my age is 31. I have an complete medical test by my insurance company this month. I got the following test results....

doctor1 MD

Hi dr,! I am 27 yrs old. I hav a 10 mnth old baby girl.During 7 th mnth of pregnancy I had increased sgot,sgpt levels which had settled soon after...

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific...

doctor1 MD

I did ultrasound , doctor found few cholesterol polyps in gallbladder and fatty acids in liver . So as per him it is not dangerous. Only thing I...

doctor1 MD

You can refer the above case of mine as i had already talk with you. Now i want to share some information. I had been getting pains under right...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

194 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf
  • Q - Suggest treatment for insect bites all over body

  • Q - Suggest treatment for fever and extreme fatigue

  • Q - What causes swollen glands, sensitive eyes and pain in forehead?

  • Q - What causes pain in right side of lower abdomen?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for low BP

  • Q - How to take care of dentures?

  • Q - What causes fever?

  • Q - What causes pain in head centered in and around left eye?

  • Q - What causes back pain, gas, mild fever and burning cough?

  • Q - What causes dizziness while eating, fatigue and pain in calf muscles?